Topband: New AEA impedance analyzer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New AEA impedance analyzer
From: John.Kaufmann at mintera.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: Thu May 22 22:44:48 2003
Rick Karlquist wrote:

> None of the specs mean Jack if it overloads when you
> connect it to your antenna because of broadcast interference.
> No reason to assume it will be any better in that respect
>than other meters.  Notice how they call it an "impedance"
> analyzer rather than an "antenna" analyzer.

I asked the AEA representative at Dayton about the overload issue.  He said
one use for the spectrum analyzer mode is to see if there are strong
interfering signals present.  Also there is an internal filter that cuts off
above 200 MHz to reduce VHF interference, but it obviously won't help filter
out BCB stations.

73, John W1FV