Topband: AM BC spurious

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: AM BC spurious
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri Apr 4 21:43:41 2003
I've been copying a very wide and moderately strong spurious signal from the
northwest (I'm near Macon) on 160 every morning.

I can't quite identify the call sign but I'm very sure the station is from
Tennessee. I get an audio match from a station on 1390 in exactly the same
direction, but that station is buried with other signals, so I can't be sure
it is the actual station or another station that just happens to be carrying
the same programming (USA Radio Network) with lots of sports in the morning.
Of course that programming might change later in the day.

If someone can help me get a positive ID on the station, I'd be grateful.

73, Tom W8JI