Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Yaesu FT1000mp Mark V Key Clicks
From: frenaye@direcway.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:33:35 -0500
At 03:56 PM 12/10/2002 +0000, NA4M wrote:
>At 09:01 12/10/2002 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
>
>>When I say properly I mean just that. Every single part they need to
>>reduce clicks are already in the radios, the manufacturers either
>>don't understand CW or don't care.
>
>My bet is on the latter...  this issue has been discussed way more than enough
>in public forums such as this that it is unlikely that the manufacturers
>and/or their US reps could not know about it.
>
>73 Phil NA4M

I would never make that assumption.   Lots of things are discussed on lots of
reflectors, some more useful than others.  The only sure way to be sure a
company knows about the issue is to contact them directly.

A few companies have enough resources or interested people to watch and
participate in some of the reflectors - though it isn't always obvious that
doing so is a benefit.    For those that don't, contact them directly - and
whatever you find out, post back to the reflector if you think the answer is of
interest.

                        -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444