Topband: Shunt-Fed Short Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shunt-Fed Short Tower
From: charles.constantine@lmco.com (Constantine, Charles)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:47:21 -0800
GE All,

I am using the same setup here.
I have the 33' tower with a couple of beams
I shunt feed it for both 80 & 160
I have the shunt wire mounted at the top of the tower sticking out 4'
Then at the bottom I pull the wire out to approx 5' (to raise the feed
resistance) then Omega match it.
I don't have room for radials and the system will not be "Perfect" but I
have 67 countries so far (incl XU, EA8, CY0, 3DA0, CN, 9M, etc) so it does
radiate.

Check out the photos and drawing on my webpage
http://home1.gte.net/res096qi/station.htm
<http://home1.gte.net/res096qi/station.htm>

Good Luck
Chuck