Topband: sorry no coil program

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: sorry no coil program
From: Telegrapher9@aol.com (Telegrapher9@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:26:52 EST
Gents,

Sorry, but the K6STI coil program is nowhere to be found. I last downloaded
it two months ago. I also have not been able to find a valid email address
for Brian Beezley, K6STI.

Here is a link to another coil program. It appears to be similar to the K6STI
program and a free demo is available for downloading.

<A HREF="http://www.qsl.net/k6mlo/";>http://www.qsl.net/k6mlo/</A>

I have ordered the full version of this program and will let you know how
well it works. More on my coil: There is no doubt that an air-core coil will
beat a coil wound on a PVC form. For my vertical though I needed a physically
small coil and went with close spacing using #14 AWG on 2.3 inch O.D. PVC
pipe. The calculated Q of 340 is good enough for now as I expect GND losses
to dominate. I will know this afternoon when I finally fire up the new top
loaded vertical and take measurements on the MFJ-259B. I still have to finish
laying radials on the lawn and build the base tuning coil. It will be ready
before 2200 GMT today so that you can all hear my BIG qrp signal.

   Dave WX7G

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---