Topband: polar route back in town

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: polar route back in town
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:23:33 -0400
Wolf DF2PY wrote:

> The big eastcoast stns were quite weak compared to regular days, e.g.
W3BGN and
> K1WV made dissappearances in the QSB !

The east coast perspective:  I was at KC1XX last night, trying out the new
antenna system, and I spent some time listening to W6/W7/W0 working into
Europe.  It was NOT an exceptional night for Europe here in New England,
with lots of QSB and signals not especially strong.  Clearly it was a great
night for those out west, which goes to show that the band sure can do
unexpected things!

73, John W1FV