Topband: JT Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JT Report
From: jt1co@mongol.net (JT1CO)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:02:47 +0900
  Greetings - we arrived safe and sound on Monday, albeit 7 hours late =
thanks to a canceled Korean Air flight from Seoul.  It wasn't until =
everyone was on the plane and the door closed that they decided the WX =
here was too bad to fly. Our luck was with us as Mongolian Airlnes was =
flying in the afternoon at 14:45 so we rebooked. We were treated to =
service on a new Boeing 737-800.
   Wednesday morning we will start to install the beverages.  I had =
hoped to start today but a couple of the guys (myself excluded)  are =
feeling the effects of a late night/early morning welcome party.  I =
should also add the Vlad UA0ACG took a two day train trip from zone 18 =
to join us. I gave him a copy of the ARRL/ON4UN Lowband book and =
encouraged him and his buddies to work on their topband antennas.
    For those in North America asking about Topband and the lowbands in =
general, w'll give it a shot.  However, there is precious little common =
darkness to that part of the world so my expectations are not very high. =
=20

73
Ken  JT1/K4ZW

multipart/alternative