Topband: S9SS on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: S9SS on 160
From: s9ss160m@yahoo.com (charles Lewis)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 04:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
I completed installation of my 160 meters T-Top over
the weekend.  I called CQ on CW Saturday night,
despite a very high noise level.  A YL2 came back
after several calls; however, I was not able to
complete his call sign before he faded too far into
the noise.  I expect it was either YL2IX or YL2DX. I
could hear no other signals on the band. I surely hope
the noise situation improves later in the season.

I am located on the Voice of America transmitting
site.  My 160M efforts will have to be limited to the
hours between 2230 UTC (2200 Saturday) and 0300 UTC.
That's because the antenna of our 600,000 watt
transmitter on 1530 kHz is less than 1/4 mile from my
home.  I don't think I need to elaborate on that!

73,
Charles - S9SS