Topband: Re: 160 Antenna?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: 160 Antenna?
From: 9a3a@spidernet.com.cy (Ivo PEZER, 5B4ADA)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:46:33 +0200
When I was in Haiti, my 160m antenna was 58m long wire supported on a 10m
bamboo pole in my backyard. I put it up hoping to work some USA stations,
but ended up with hundreds of EU's in my log (even on SSB!).
We all wish to have a 4 square, but most of us can't afford it. Try to get
on the air and have fun, any antenna is better than no antenna. It's your
activity that makes it a Magic Band.

73 Ivo 5B4ADA, ex HH2AW

I managed to work 14 USA stations it total, so I'm delighted running only
100 watts to a horizontal loop,
a 3 sided triangle supported by 3 palm trees at a height of 30 feet above
ground.
Each of the 3 sides about 200 feet long, about 600 feet total. Condx must
have played a big part last night

ZC4DW