Topband: Re: 160 Antenna?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: 160 Antenna?
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:05:14 -0500
On 18 Mar 2002 at 0:11, Bill Tippett wrote:

>         Thought some of you who worked ZC4DW last night might
> be interested in this note I received from Des about his
> antenna, etc.    73,  Bill  W4ZV

> >Bill, You were surprised. I was amazed.
> >Last night was the first time I have ever worked USA on 160m!
> >I managed to work 14 USA stations it total, so I'm delighted.
> >running only 100 watts to a horizontal loop.
> >a 3 sided triangle supported by 3 palm trees at a height
> >of 30 feet above ground.
> >Each of the 3 sides about 200 feet long, about 600 feet total
> >Condx must have played a big part last night

Wow!
Sorry I was away and missed that one. Must have been one of
those 'horizontal' nights.   :o)   From all the recent threads on
receiving antennas and 160 antennas in general, I have
definitely adopted the idea "let's try things!" I hope to work Des
next on 80 CW for a new one. I probably have a better chance of
working him there. Less hecklers, too.  :o)     73, David K3KY