Topband: Power line communication (PLC) - Trends in Holland

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Power line communication (PLC) - Trends in Holland
From: ulli@wxs.nl (Ulli Grunow)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:11:24 +0000
Brad,
completely agree with your useful comment....
indeed the UK is really up-front in having proposed the so-called N-30
rule...
In the shortwave sprectrum the PLC-lines must not radiate a field more than
about 50uV@50Ohm measured in a distance of 3m to the radiator.... (which is
over S-9  level!)

but the original rule from the EU was a proposal which was more than 20dB
higher tolerated spurious radiation over the entire spectrum from
1...30Mhz... in that case we can all close down !

you are right that there are many other threads...
But we at least should know the situation and care about... I have the
feeling, that unfortunately there are many hams here, who not only don't
know, but even don't care about ...

Ulli, PA5AT
lowband op at PI4COM m/m contest station

P.S.:
see you in ARRL CW test - will be SOSB LP 80m from home QTH... oh dear not
too much sleep...