Topband: 160 Newbie Antenna Advice

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Newbie Antenna Advice
From: kn4lf@nrcdxas.org (KN4LF, Thomas Giella)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:07:52 +0000
Dan Said:
I need some advice about receiving antennas on 160 meters.

Thomas KN4LF Says:
  I've had very good luck with ground level fed 100 foot slopers with the
far ends supported at 33 feet from a non metallic support structure. I've
also had good luck with short 290-300 foot beverages, even though the beam
width is pretty broad.
  These receive antennas perform better then EZENEC 3.0 modeling predicts!
  The K9AY loops work well too but receive signals are down compared to the
other above mentioned antennas.

73,
Thomas Giella, KN4LF