Topband: GRID SQUARE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: GRID SQUARE
From: gjerning@flash.net (ARNE GJERNING)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:19:17 -0700
DO the contest with honesty and integrity and no need to worry about a
posted grid square. On 6 Meters a grid square in an e-mail is helpful to
know where a person is when trying to determine band openings/beam headings.

Example I am in DM65 and was hearing JH7MSB in QM08 on 50.095 CW just at the
noise this evening. Heard a station in EM27 (SE KS or SW MO) work him. Helps
to pinpoint the opening.

I would rather see grid square (4 digit, ie; DM65) than the meaningless 599
in ALL contests. But I am entitled to this opinion.

May get a few QSOs in SP.

73 de Arne N7KA