Topband: Grid square and LY7Z in The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Grid square and LY7Z in The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:24:12 +0000
 Ditto here as Tom says below. I seriously doubt that any malice is intended
by anyone sending their grid square at the end of their e-mail along with
their call and name. Is this any different than letting everyone know that a
special call is going to be used in a contest which is not the same one
normally used and internationally recognized thus assuring that the more
casual contester will call to say hi? I don't think so.
Disqualification in any contest for anything other than blatant cheating
would be wrong and counter productive.
73, Ken, N4UK, EM84. oops. I didn't mean to type em84. Can I still
participate in the stew?

Tom Frenaye <frenaye@pcnet.com> wrote:

I think you're all going off the deep end.