Topband: condx and comments 12/28

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: condx and comments 12/28
From: w8car@buckeye-express.com (DAN KOVATCH)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:54:55 -0500
Greetings and best wishes to TPers

Heard EA3VY , Jose, very early on 160 (2200 about) so decided to watch
the band. Signals became legible at about 0430 and I wrked first QSO @
0448. The band then seemed to open in leaps and bounds till there was
activity all up and down(IK,SV,G,LY,9A,F8,SM,GM,and others. After
putting a bunch in the log I thought "This could be  awesome at EU
sunrise!" but then the bottom fell out. At around 0615Z I noticed
signals that were peaking moments before had become weaker. W0FLS was
hammering spots and wrking people I could no longer hear! I heard him
wrk EA3VY @0642Z and give Jose 599-I could not hear a peep on any
antenna. Then I slid up to 1845 and listened to W8JI wrk EU on SSB and
never hrd any  station he worked!! (Of course Tom's station is in
another world as far as listening goes!!!)

Very interesting condx. I wonder what others experienced?
Rig:ft1000mp, Alpha 76PA, inverted L, 600 ft on ground terminated
beverage to EU w/preamp, diamond ant W

HNY
Dan
W8CAR