Topband: Antenna Interaction Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Interaction Question
From: phutter@sarnoff.com (PETER HUTTER)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:44:29 -0400
> K3ND:
> > I'm considering building a K9AY loop array to replace
> > a reversable EWE that I've never been all that happy
> > with.  I'm wondering if anyone has installed one of
> > these reasonably close to a tower or vertical antenna.

        Hello Stew and all,

  At WW2Y,   T/R relays were placed on splitter outputs to decouple all four
inverted L elements during receive.  Each inverted L feedline connecting to the
splitter are 3/4
wavelengths long, therefore shorting contacts are used to electrically open
their feedpoints.
 Most of the  Beverages run near and through the transmitting array without any
interaction by this method.   This will work for all types of receiving
antennas.
       73, Peter