Topband: NP2S and KP2/K8GG Operation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: NP2S and KP2/K8GG Operation
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 08:54:18 -0500
Hi All,

A quick update on our operation from St. Croix around the CQ WW 160 CW 'test
January 25-29, 2001

Our score, operating NP2S was 356K.  We couldn't pull out all the weak ones,
even with 4 receiving Beverages, 400 - 700 feet long.  The TX antenna was an
inverted L about 75 feet up and 85 feet horizontal with a 500 pfd vacuum
variable to tune out the reactance.

After the contest we had a couple of good openings, and managed 3 JA
contacts on 160 on January 29th.  JA1JRK, JA7OEM & JA3ONB.  Unfortunately,
we had to roll up the NW beverage that day, and leave before the sunrise
opening to catch our flight out.

All direct KP2/K8GG QSLs have been answered.  Martha, NP2S, has logs and
will answer all direct QSL requests for NP2S.  She will not answer bureau
QSLs, but K8GG will, if the cards are sent via the W8/K8 bureau.

Thanks to all who called us in the CQ WW 160 CW contest and to the 400+ that
made it into the KP2/K8GG log.

73        George,   K8GG    (also for George, W8UVZ)