Topband: Re: 160M BCI

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: 160M BCI
From: chris@manyoaks.co.uk (Chris Duckling)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 12:08:04 +0000
Earle,

you wrote: " ..When I tune up these two new units I get S9+ reception of
the AM station at 1890 Khz .."

I can't see it being the amp as that should look like 'relay contacts' when
on rx.  So connect the Tuner straight in front of barefoot rig and that
will surely show that it is the tuner.  I live less than a mile from an AM
BC TX and the simple, and cheap, solution is a Dunestar 300-2 160m bandpass
filter in front of the RX.  The only thing it doesn't fix is the 2nd
harmonic of the 945Khz sig which is obviuosly in the Dunestar's passband.
Modern rigs' front end selectivity leave a lot to be desired!

Good luck & 73

Chris  G3SVL
Listen for us as GU8D in CQWW 160 SSB