Topband: Re: INV L matching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: INV L matching
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:36:06 -0600
W4NF:
>My lowest VSWR is 2:1 at 1.830 and it climbs quickly either side
>of that freq.  I figure that the antenna is probably at about 35 ohms.

>looking for some sort of homebrew design of a matching network

First, it's 25 ohms. And a simple shunt fed inductor at the feedpoint is
very simple, easy and cheap to construct and adjust there. Also known as
a Z match, it connects across the feedpoint with the inner conductor of
the coax at its top. Just trim for 1 to 1 SWR. Ball park is maybe 5
turns of 3 inch diameter air core or a few turns on a T-200 toroid core.

73,     Roy         K6XK/0