Topband: K5K double signal on 160M?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K5K double signal on 160M?
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:31:43 -0400 (EDT)
K5K showed up on 160M around 0830Z Tuesday, 10/24 with a FB signal and
lots of callers.  His transmit frequency was 1826.5 KHz but a number of
times I heard a slightly weaker signal of K5K on the operating frequency
of a number of different stations that he worked. Did anybody else note
this anomaly?

K5AB was the op and did an admiral job of working stations dispite
his reported problems with heavy QRN at the Kingman Reef QTH.
At times he asked stations to QRS because of the QRN. At this MD QTH I
noticed slow QSB over the 2.5 hours plus that I hear him. Signals were
still very readable well after my sunrise. But K5K is still not in my
Topband log...yet.
 73 de Rich - K1HTV
 dz@VOA.GOV