Topband: PSK 31 Enthusiast and others

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: PSK 31 Enthusiast and others
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 18:41:05 -0500
Bill- First, I spend more time on PSK than on Topband, but I follow and
adhere to the advice given re PSK.  Please read what I say as from one who
hopes PSK will grow and prosper.
The argument that it only takes minimal bandwidth is only valid when good
practices are followed. More often than not, the average signal has IMD
that lets it be heard MILES away, in terms of frequency. The PSK community
needs to be brutally frank in policing its own house, or PSK will get, and
deserve, a bad name.  I use a waterfall display, and the prevalence of BAD
signals that I see is a shame.
If the PSK community will make a practice of only working the bad signals
long enough to tell them to clean up their act, the future will be much
rosier, and we will be more welcome.

Bill-W4BSG