Topband: Installing Radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Installing Radials
From: n2fh@nerd.banm.com (Faris)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:43:48 +0100
I had recently inquired about installing radials in the lawn using a
cheap chain saw.  Nixed that idea....but found a friend that had a gas
powered edger.  I decided to borrow and give it a try.....it worked
great.  The lawn/ground was slit approximately 1 inch deep and used a
flat blade screwdriver to force the 14 gauge  wire down into the ground.
 I only installed a few (1/8 wave radials) so far and the SWR is very
good  (but doesn't really mean efficiency) still plenty of ground loss.

I also plan on installing a few elevated radials (approx  10 ft off the
ground) any comments on this ???

Tnx to all who replied on the radial installation issue.

73    Faris
N2FH