Topband: Fw: Top Band 160Mtr DX Window Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fw: Top Band 160Mtr DX Window Question
From: lebow@ismi.net (Jess LeBow)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 23:56:30 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02E5E.B7448B20

-----Original Message-----
From: Jess LeBow <lebow@ismi.net>
To: topband@contesting.com <topband@contesting.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 6:32 PM
Subject: Top Band 160Mtr DX Window Question

When you hear DX in the window jump in and work them! When you have =
accomplished that, get out of the window and continue listening and =
tuning the band for more DX. Never sit in the window and call CQ! One or =
two stations doing this blocks the window and spoils it for the =
multitudes. I have worked CW DX from 1800 to 1840 so there are plenty of =
other places to call CQ or CQ DX.
=20
I know we are going to get static from the rare SSB station that claims. =
" I can work anywhere that I want to". When this happens I don't argue =
and get my blood pressure up. I can turn the set off or go to another =
band!=20
=20
I have been enjoying this band for 42 years and it can really be a lot =
of fun! Of course we all want to work that rare DX station but usually =
on this band if you are patient and wait 20 or 30 minutes he will be =
coming in a lot stronger and your chances will get better for finally =
working him. Can you imagine how he feels with 30 stations or more =
calling him at the same time??=20
=20
If we show a little more patience and consideration for the other =
station, I am sure there will be more fun and more DX put into the =
logbooks. I promise to send QRL IMI at least twice before jumping on a =
new freq. and calling a CQ. Will you do the same??
=20
Hope to work you on Top Band!!
=20
73, Jess.....K8LJQ
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02E5E.B7448B20

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
</B>Jess LeBow &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:lebow@ismi.net";>lebow@ismi.net</A>&gt;<BR><B>To: </B><A=20
href=3D"mailto:topband@contesting.com";>topband@contesting.com</A> &lt;<A =

href=3D"mailto:topband@contesting.com";>topband@contesting.com</A>&gt;<BR>=
To: <topband@contesting.com>
<B>Date:=20
</B>Tuesday, October 03, 2000 6:32 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Top Band 160Mtr =
DX=20
Window Question<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>When you hear DX in the window jump in and work =
them! When you=20
have accomplished that, get out of the window and continue listening and =
tuning=20
the band for more DX. Never sit in the window and call CQ! One or two =
stations=20
doing this blocks the window and spoils it for the multitudes. I have =
worked CW=20
DX from 1800 to 1840 so there are plenty of other places to call CQ or =
CQ=20
DX.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I know we are going to get static from the rare SSB =
station=20
that claims. &quot; I can work anywhere that I want to&quot;. When this =
happens=20
I don't argue and get my blood pressure up. I can turn the set off or go =
to=20
another band! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have been enjoying this band for 42 years and it =
can really=20
be a lot of fun! Of course we all want to work that rare DX station but =
usually=20
on this band if you are patient and wait 20 or 30 minutes he will be =
coming in a=20
lot stronger and your chances will get better for finally working him. =
Can you=20
imagine how he feels with 30 stations or more calling him at the same =
time??=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If we show a little more patience and consideration =
for the=20
other station, I am sure there will be more fun and more DX put into the =

logbooks. I promise to send QRL IMI at least twice before jumping on a =
new freq.=20
and calling a CQ. Will you do the same??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hope to work you on Top Band!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>73, Jess.....K8LJQ</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C02E5E.B7448B20--