Topband: 160 meter DX window question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 meter DX window question
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 01:19:03 EDT
Gentlemen,

I'm sure most of you are very experienced, much more then a green horn such
as myself.  So I hope you can answer a question for me-

1.830-1.835MHz is suppose to be a DX window, right?  So I'm confused........

I hear a couple of regular stateside stations calling CQ in this window, for
what seems 24 hours a day.  An exageration but not by much.  It really
effects us here in the midwest, be it the left coast or right coast stations,
as we have to get through the CQ QRM to hear weak signals from here in the
midwest.

Is this window for working DX you hear or can anyone call CQ as long as the
goal is to work DX? I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but I am curious as to
the latest feelings about this 5KHz of space-

3 KHz wide stateside signals running legal power in this window really make
it a waste of time for central located USA stations hoping to hear any EU or
Pacific DX.  Trying to break in on a DX QSO is either taken as QRM'ing the
left coast/right coast station or we are ignored as we are not heard-  Not
every night, but trust me, you can cut the tension with a knife-

So either way, we lose-

Am I over reacting here?  If I want to work on my 160 meter DXCC, should I
move to the east coast or what?  Should I ask the W station to move out of
the window?  Or does it cause WWIII? I have been listening to the band for a
few days now- and it is really hard to get a read on whats up with the latest
habits here-  Any suggestions are very welcomed-

73  Paul   N0AH