Topband: Ekeing Out QRP QSOs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Ekeing Out QRP QSOs
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
I can imagine...and have been the beneficiary of someone sweating big
drops trying to pull me through.  I would not be three states away from
QRP 160-WAS if there weren't big stations on the other end with
world-class receiving capabilities.

Maybe it's time to have credit given on the receiving end for QRP QSOs.
The only way to do that is to include power class in the exchange.  Maybe
it could work like this...

Send  Recv
Class Class QSO Pts

HP    HP       1
LP    HP       2
QRP   HP       4

That makes it worth the trouble, at least.  The high power guys will still
get more distance on average and will continue to have that factored into
their score.

73, Ward N0AX