Topband: critters eating my coax!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: critters eating my coax!
From: rmread@attglobal.net (Robert Marshall-Read)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:47:43 +0200
In the old days of my broadcast experience at ABC-TV in New York, we laid
the camera and audio cables for the Lake Placid Olympics in June, thinking
we could just connect at the venues in the winter.   WRONG!

Porcupines ate the PVC and we had to lay new cables, with diesel oil on the
outside to stop them hungry critters from having our cables for lunch.

Now, my beverage co-ax is occasionally the victim of a particular cow that
loves a chew, but a bit of hot pepper oil from the local Indian restaurant
tops that.

73

Bob  G4VGO