Fwd: Re: Topband: critters eating my coax!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Topband: critters eating my coax!
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 07:06:12 -0400
I have had this problem before and have found that mice, shrews,
porcupines and other rodents chew on cables for the mineral salts that are
either left by our hands or from the mfg process. I have lost several
cables to my tower here in NH. One year the cuts were very big and cut thru
the cable (a p-pine.)
The other two times, the cuts were much smaller (mice and shrews.)

One recommendation i have is to wear gloves and if you are really fussy,
wash the cable after it goes down with a solvent to remove the mineral salts.

73 Craig Clark W1JCC