Topband: KH6ND/KH5 Aug 25

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KH6ND/KH5 Aug 25
From: n0jk@hotmail.com (jon jones)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:03:32 GMT
Could not sleep this morning so got up and checked the web cluster. WK3N
spotted KH6ND/KH5 on 1.823 at 1020 utc.

I went out to the garage and filled the balloon. It had spent a hot summer
out there and I wasn't sure if it would pop. It held and I had the balloon
vertical deployed by 1035z.

Heard a loud KH6ND/KH5 CQing on 1.823 and he came right back to me. The high
summertime QRN made copy a little tough but he is hearing FB.  He cfm "N0JK
QSL" and another "new one" for the balloon vertical!

He is still in there at 1101 utc, heard him work K8GG and W8UVZ. Doing a
great job on 160M! Tnx to NI6T for his info.

73,
Jon N0JK  KS