Topband: 5/20 VK9WI logs through 11GMT for USA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5/20 VK9WI logs through 11GMT for USA
From: w4dr@mindspring.com (w4dr@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 11:10:57 +0100
The following lucky guys made it on 160  during the 09 Z onward session:
K3RR,  W4ZV,  KL7RA,  N6RO,  W6KUT,  W0BV

Today was by far the best copy here in Virginia, but still very marginal
with lots of QSB.  According to my count this brings the QSO total for NA &
EU qso's to 57.   I have no idea how many Asian and Oceania QSO's Nick has
made on 160.  If you still havn't made it I suggest that you listen from 09z
onward as there is at least some possibility the
Battlecreek special might still be up.  Nick has put in surperb effort and
deserves our gratitude.  To my knowledge he was on 160 every morning from
09z +- a few minutes except May 19.  Most dxpeditions don't give us anything
like that effort on 160 (TX0DX comes to mind!)  Unforunately there hasn't
been a single day of really good propagation to the US so each QSO has been
a struggle.  Bob W4DR