Topband: More 3W5FM, Reflector, etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More 3W5FM, Reflector, etc.
From: k1fz@agate.net (Bruce Clark)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 20:11:17 +0000
Interesting.
I have been keeping a loose long path schedule with Robin VK6LK for 14 years.
This is all year long. (In our  summer it is long before sunset)
The first 12 years was every day except 3 or 4 misses per year.  This is on 80
Meters SSB.
The best direction with only a few exceptions from here in Maine was (is) SE.
Arnold W2HCW from Long Island New York also  worked Robin  for several years and
found
the NE path better many  times. Arnold had horizontal yagis and  very high
horizontal fed delta loops.
As to the differences, I am not sure if its location,  polarization or angle of
radiation peak.

73

Bruce-K1FZ