Topband: Broadcast Station: Harmonic Suppression?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Broadcast Station: Harmonic Suppression?
From: curious.george@att.net (George Maroti)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:11:55 -0500
Gary,

I too live about 1 mile from a 5 kW station, WVIP on 1310.  I can hear
even their 10th harmonic.  I suspect however that most of my problem is
due to rectification as you pointed out.  For example, my car radio
reception becomes severely distorted when I'm just under the rain
gutter.

My question is, how do I go about eliminating these rectification
sources?  Or is this a hopeless task?  I use a Kiwa BCB filter in line
with my antenna input, and this has helped with some MW mixing
products.  I'd like to reduce or eliminate the 3rd and 4th harmonics
however.  The station engineer claimed he did all kinds of RF field
measurements and was within spec.

73's

George