Topband: Mounting feed wire inside the tower on a shunt feed.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Mounting feed wire inside the tower on a shunt feed.
From: KRAMIREZ@tritonpcs.com (Kenneth Ramirez)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:35:52 -0500
KV4FZ wrote:

> Mauri,  Some years ago I feed a 100 foot tower (with 20 meter 4 element
> monobander) by running the feed wire inside the tower.

      This is a very attractive solution to my present problem with my shunt
fed tower. I have a 10m yagi side mounted that rotates
from 135 degrees to 330 degrees. When it reaches its end limits one of the
directors touches the wire and the whole 10m system de-tunes. I'd be very
interested to find out if running the wire inside the tower will detract
from the overall system performance.
73 Ken N4UK