Topband: A61AJ observation on propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A61AJ observation on propagation
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:16:06 -0500
 >At 07:11 PM 11/26/99 +0600, you wrote:
>

>The band was much quieter during the first opening around 2-3 hours before
>sunrise when the noise comes up significantly.
>S21XX reported similar propagation when I corresponded with him also.

Have found this to be true from the Northeastern USA (Conn. and Del.) over
the past 20 years too. Since I work night hours I have probably spent more
time on the band in the wee hours of the morning than the typical DXer, and
it is not unusual to hear Pacific, VK/ZL and even JAs peaking as much as
2-3 hours before our sunrise here. Sometimes following these openings there
is NO opening at sunrise, to anywhere.

73/Jon AA1K