Topband: Searching Topband Archives

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Searching Topband Archives
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:06:00 +0100
        "Probably this has been addressed before-but perhaps I missed it."

        Have you ever recalled a discussion and wanted to locate it?  Or have
you ever thought you would like to research a topic before asking a question?

        The easy way to do this is to go to   http://www.contesting.com/
and look for the "Quick Search" box on the left side of the page.  Try
entering appropriate words and press enter on your keyboard.  It's as
simple as that and the search will give you a list of messages containing
the search word.  If you get too many messages (I got 2776 hits for the
word Beverage), you can try adding other words using the "+" key.  I
reduced the 2776 hits to 63 by entering Beverage+K6SE to get all messages
containing those two words in the text, but not necessarily in that sequence.
If you want to enter multiple words in a specific sequence, be sure to enter
quotation marks such as "Reversible Beverage" or "Slinky Beverage".

        I hope this helps you with managing the vast amount of information
we have in the past 3 years worth of postings on Topband!  Good luck to all
and don't be afraid to ask any question as long as it meets the guidelines
of the reflector.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV