Topband: JA 160m allocation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA 160m allocation
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:50:13 EDT
Hi, Watt,

I remember when the JA 1810-1825 kHz band was proposed and I wondered
whatever happened with it, hi.

If the 1810-1825 segment is authorized for JA and you still have 1907.5
to 1912.5, you probably will need a method of quick-tuning your antenna
if it isn't broad-banded enough.

I would think that most would prefer that you stay on 1910 +/- and QSX on
the lower segment if you are running Ws.  On the other hand, if a station
is running JAs, he may prefer simplex on the lower segment.

After the new band is authorized for you, I'm sure that a little
experimentation and experience will show the best frequencies to use.

While on the subject, it would be most helpful to everyone if someone in
the know would post info on the Topband Reflector regarding what
frequency allocations are assigned to different countries in the world.

73, de Earl, K6SE

P.S.  (Dennis K0CKD has a complete list of 160 frequency allocations
and his E-mail is    k0ckd.ennis@mcleodusa.net    ...de W4ZV)