Topband: 3B9R on 160 meters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3B9R on 160 meters
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:39:01 -0800
I am taking the liberty of forwarding W4ZV's message to me, below, to
the Reflector, to correct my statement of last night--and dispel the
pirate paranoia that inevitably results.

W4ZV wrote:

> Garry, I listened every night and recall hearing VE1ZZ, W2VO and WA2UUK
> working you one night prior to the big opening on the 7th.  I think it
> was the 5th since it was the night before you were having problems with
> the VFO not being split (6th?).  I couldn't hear anything but a whisper
> on the 5th but usually VE1ZZ does not make ghost QSO's (unlike a lot of
> folks!)

Bill is correct. VE1ZZ indeed led the parade--what, again?--logged at
0144Z --our sunrise-- on the 5th. He was followed immediately by W2VO,
K2SY, WA2UUK and KD9SV, but the band died immediately after SV's QSO,
and he was the last QSO for that night. There were no stateside QSO's
the next night.  On the 7th, K3RR preceded W8JI in the 3B9R topband log
by 24 minutes--sorry, Joe.  After this I am just going to keep quiet,
because tired people should not make statements about who came first
in a log!

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession