TopBand: UK condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: UK condx
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:38:24 -0800
Mike:

Hate to rain on your parade, but, in fact:

W7TVF is west of Las Vegas,  Nevada--probably close enough from a Euro
perspective to be called West Coast, but 200 miles inland.

N7JW is in Utah--in the Great Basin east of the Rockies and 600 miles
inland.

6D2X is just barely in Mexico, over the Rio Grande River from the most
southerly projection of Texas, and hard by the Gulf of Mexico. For all
intents and purposes except the multiplier, it is in South Texas.

The only true West Coast station in your list below is W6UB, in
Pleasanton, California, just over the hills from San Francisco Bay.

I pursued this out of curiosity--because if there was a Euro opening to
the West Coast, it sure slid by all the fellows who hang out around here
looking for one--except W6UB. I can think of only two or three occasions
during this entire season where west coasters have actually heard and
worked any Europeans.

And we don't consider Utah or Texas to be West Coast any more than you
think the Ukraine is in East Anglia.

Best regards, and still looking for a real Europe opening--to ANY part
of Europe...

Garry, NI6T :-)

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
160 meters: not a band, but an obsession