TopBand: 3DA0CA report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA report
From: Chris.Burger@Nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:07:56 +0200
Jon advises that he put Top Band contact number 1000 in the log this
morning.

He feels that conditions have improved dramatically in the past two weeks,
and will continue to try for DX.  He'll only be unavailable for a few days
in early February.

Jon says, "Lots of QRN to cover up the small guys I know are calling but
just can't compete with the 20 over QRN.  It would help if some of the small
guys would speed up their sending.  Slow code does not even allow me to get
one letter completed before a static crash.  Code sent between 18-20 WPM is
about right.

He also says, "I just did some figuring and of the 937 calls in the log from
1993-1998 and 686 are NOT dupes.  So roughly two thirds.  I would guestimate
that 80-90% are North Americanos.  Sorry UK, EU and JA...I try!"

Chris R. Burger ZS6EZ
3DA0CA help desk/complaints department