TopBand: Band noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Band noise
From: kaufmann@ll.mit.edu (John Kaufmann)
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:36:04 -0500
I've been noticing a very pronounced increase in ambient band noise from
the west/southwest directions the last few mornings.  It made T20FW rather
marginal copy here this morning on 160.  The noise also appears on 80 and
40 and has no distinguishing characteristics other than the fact that it is
broadband white noise.  It is very striking how much the band noise comes
up when I switch to the west and southwest Beverage from the other
directions.  Has anyone else observed this or is my problem local?

73, John W1FV