TopBand: RV1CC: Stew Perry 98 result and comments

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RV1CC: Stew Perry 98 result and comments
From: rv1cc@mail.admiral.ru (Vlad Sidorov)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 03:42:12 +0300

                            STEW PERRY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 26-Dec-98, 27-Dec-98

    Callsign Used : RV1CC

         Category : Single Operator - High Power(600 watts)

 Default Exchange : 599 KP50

             Name : Vladimir K. Sidorov
           E-Mail : rv1cc@mail.admiral.ru
          Address : P.O.Box 1
   City/State/Zip : St.Petersburg-Bugry, 188660
          Country : European Russia

RX/TX:  R399A receiver, HM transmitter
Antenna: 1.Slope Delta Loop 162m - 30m high to Noth-NorthWest.
                    2.1/4 Sloper - 30m high to East.

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points

  160CW       80          80        337

 Totals       80          80        337

    Final Score = 337 points.

      Continent List  Stew Perry 98
                   160    80    40    20    15    10    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =      2     0     0     0     0     0      2
  VE calls    =      1     0     0     0     0     0      1
  N.A. calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  S.A. calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Euro calls  =     72     0     0     0     0     0     72
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Asia calls  =      4     0     0     0     0     0      4
  JA calls    =      1     0     0     0     0     0      1
  Ocen calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Total calls =     80     0     0     0     0     0     80

Soapbox comments:

Hi, everybody topbanders!
Yes, Stew Perry '98 has already finished. But how many
peoples would like to get good condition that weekend.
The Saturday's weather, here in St.Petersburg, North Russia,
wasn't good(low atmospere pressure, raining, temp +2 C), but
it was the same as one year ago in the last weekend of 1997 year.
So I thought Got and Mr. Murphy presented us same propogation as SP'97.
Yes the air noise was low, but really condition was very bad.
The best QSO was JH4UYB - 15 points. Also worked K2TOP and NB1B(both 14 p.).
Heard K1VW but he didn't respons me. The strongest station from NA was K2TOP
(I had three contacts only - K2TOP, NB1B and VE1ZZ). Nothing from others US
calls area
 was even heard. Others DX were 4X4NJ, 5B4ADA, EK6GC, UA9AT.
The activity from Europe was little bit more than last year, but really SPDC
doesn't so
popular here as in the USA. I don't know why. May be bad condition made the
work last
month.
As for me in this season I did work only five N.Americans so far - W1ZC,
N0TB, K2TOP, NB1B
and VE1ZZ(last three in SPDC'98 of course). Yes I can't work every night in
the air, I don't
have special RX antennas, but I quite active on the TopBand. And my opinion
that the
propogation to Asia from Eu not too bad now(last two month). What is happen
with condition
to NA I dont know.
Happy New Year to all of You! I wish You to make Your radiodreams real in
1999!
73 from St.Petersburg! Vladimir, RV1CC