TopBand: EA6ACC 1998 outline.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EA6ACC 1998 outline.
From: Josep" <ea6acc@tinn.net (Josep)
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:15:22 -0000
 Afternoon Dec. 30th 1997, my new 25m Top-Loaded-Vertical antenna is for the
very first time ready for use, after a really hard work in assembling it,
and about 8-9 months of calculations, and looking for material to build it.

All in all, till today, I have done around 235 Q´s into US/VE, with the
highlighted day Jan. 16th, when I had a good opening into the west coast,
working several 6s,  7s and 0s stns.
Best openings into Japan occurred here at the end of the year, starting on
Nov. 6th with 11 stns worked, 8th 12 stns, 10th 11 stns, Dec. 8-9th 10 stns
and 18th with 15 stns worked. Briefly, 77 Q´s into JA.
Have done some interesting DX Q´s too, with VK6HD, ZS5K, N6TR/KP4,
9Y4/DK6WL, A45ZN, TY8, C56.....although they were not news to me.
I have added 14 new ones for my DXCC from Dec. 30th 1997 till Dec. 30th
1998, J8, XW, V2, ZF, JX, SV/A, 8Q, BV, TL, KH2, XZ, A6, CN and J6.
These are the results obtained with the TLV, and the help of my modest set
of EWEs and around 600 watts. Someone can think this is not a great thing,
but considering my QTH, the path to some parts of the globe from it, my
whole set-up, and the absence from  home for 2 months, believe me, is FB for
me!!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year 1999, with lots of DX and fun on 160m,

73, Josep
ea6acc@tinn.net