TopBand: Stew Perry K2TOP

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Stew Perry K2TOP
From: thefarm@bellatlantic.net (Howell Farm)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:46:57 -0500
Hi Topbanders,

After a QRP effort from K1ZM last year, and a lot of success at reduced
power from my home station, I was psyched up for a 100w entry in this
one.  When the K index hit 5 on Saturday morning, though, it seemed like
maybe this was not the year for low power, so Peter WW2Y and I decided
to go high power.

Made about 300 QSOs, roughly 1500 points.  Too bad YV1Nx did not know
his grid!.  Best Dx to east was once again 4x4NJ, and to the west was
KH7R.  Couldn't dig VK6VZ out of the line noise.

Quite a few of the Europeans were at the noise level but S58A was loud
and F6CWA and EA6ACC appeared with very strong sigs.  Was so suprised to
work a number of Russians and Finns.  GM3POI was not as strong as in the
past but was consistently present.  Did you go low power this time,
Clive?

73, Rob K2WI