TopBand: Re: FO0EEN on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: FO0EEN on 160
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:54:06 -0500
Hi Bill and the 160 gang,

Today I had a short QSO with Einar, FO0EEN on 30-Meters from the Australs.
He told me that a strorm came through and several of his antennas were down
at the time. He didn't say whether he took them down or they came down!

However, he also specifically said "the 40, 80 and 160 antennas are down."
So, I guess there is a possiblity of the Australs being active on 160
before Einar leaves on December 30th. It may be tough as I think he only
has an ICOM 706 rig and no amplifier!

If anyone hears Einar on 160, please post info! Thanks.

Merry Christmas and best DX in 1999 (as well as the last week of 1998!) to
all the 160 gang. There's lots of DX in store. Now all we need is the
propagation Gods to hear our plea!

73,

Joe, W1JR