TopBand: XZ1N Operation on Topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N Operation on Topband
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 05:43:49 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Robin!

        I just wanted to tell you that I think you guys did a super
job from XZ1N (even though I was not lucky to work you).  Given
that you were restricted to operating from a hotel, in the middle
of a large city, I think you actually did much better than could be
expected!  Most Topband DXers locate themselves in the middle of
the country, away from all the noise sources of a city and where
we can put up large RX antennnas.  To think about doing what you
did on 160, operating in the middle of a 2.5 million population city,
is almost unbelievable!

        Congrats again and I want you to know how much everyone appreciates
your perseverance in listening, night after night, to the QRN for the
very few signals that occasionally popped through...you have more patience
than I would have under similar circumstances!

                                        73 & Merry Christmas!

                                        Bill  W4ZV