TopBand: Ground radials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Ground radials
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (Mark S Graalman)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:13:33 EST

    I'm going to be SLOWLY trying to improve my never to be better
than poor ground radial system, I have about 3000 feet of teflon covered
24 gauge wire that I thought I'd use for the radials since the wire is
too small
to be used for much anything else. My question is, is this too small a
wire
gauge to use for radials, or doesn't the wire gauge make much difference?
  I can get about 3 radials out to about 120 feet, but all the rest can
only be
50 to 70 feet long, I plan on burying them about 2-3" in the ground, and
will have
about 20 or so when I'm done.

Mark  WB8JKR

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]