TopBand: 1830 Carrier

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1830 Carrier
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 15:13:12 -0500
I've heard that station tears things up on 1.830 around Columbus.

I suggested to another Ham up there that you guys all comment on the
pending application, pointing out how they are unconcerned about
interference to other services. You might be able to get an agreement that
they will fix problems with additional traps...plus they will likely get a
newer transmitter and bigger and better tuning units, which almost
certainly will be cleaner than the old stuff.

>      WTVN (i think) AM radio station in Columbus, Ohio transmits on
610khz.
> Might be a good place to start.  A while back they applied for a 50kw
license!

> Dennis, w8nw

73 Tom