TopBand: Inverted-L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:37:26 -0500
K2BM wrote:

> I am in the process of helping a friend install one for 160 and I would
>like to know if we need to have the horizontal section oriented in any
>specific direction, i.e. broadside to EU?

Modeling shows a slight improvement in gain in the direction OPPOSITE
to the horizontal wire...i.e. orient the wire to the southwest if you
are trying to optimize it toward Europe.  You are on the right track to
make it ~130 feet total, as tall as possible (vertical section) and as
good a ground as possible.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV