TopBand: Inverted-L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted-L
From: warrenw@pentek.com (Warren J. Walsh)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:17:49 -0500
Greetings,
I have read many posts here concerning the Inverted-L antenna, so I thought
I would know what to do when the time came to make and install one.  WRONG!
 I am in the process of helping a friend install one for 160 and I would
like to know if we need to have the horizontal section oriented in any
specific direction, i.e. broadside to EU?  We are going to try for around
130 feet long with as much of it vertical as possible, and as many radials
on the ground as we can fit.  Does anyone see the flaws in this?  I would
greatly appreciate all the help (and flames) I receive.

Thanks and 73
Warren - K2BM
Design Engineer
Pentek, Inc.