TopBand: ZL8 etc.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL8 etc.
From: 100374.252@compuserve.com (J & AJ Robertson)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:54:42 -0400
I haven't heard Bob since he was on late Sat evening our time so hope he
comes up today -- Mon.  A great opening Sunday AM USA time in the contest.
Re intruders EG Longline fishing beacons my friend gave me a clue which may
prove to be the same in other countries ---- He said we have no listings
for amateur radio stations in our computerised system because you are not
permanent operating stations but of course we know you are licenced .
Apparently the ones we hear are in the South Pacific but all the Pacific
Rim countries use them & more so boats from HL, JA, BV, in this area.    We
think that it now up to various Ham organisations to push remits to the
IARU for action.  Best of luck fellows Jim ZL2JR