TopBand: Radial Debate/n4xd

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radial Debate/n4xd
From: Lee Ward" <lee@crcltd.com (Lee Ward)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:53:00 -0600
n4xd@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I've spent weeks deleting almost ALL the notes on the elevated radial
> debate because: I do not have the option of using them (only have a
> 70'tower).

The "delete" key is very valuable, I use it often too. I have a fullsize
1/4 wave vertical on topband and I believe I can improve it's operation.
What I am learning here is very valuable to me and my topband operating.

> Seems to me that regardless of the "theory" what works best is what each
> individual site can install in a practical manner. My vote isthat we
> forgoe the theoretical debates (after all didn't they prove man would
> NEVER fly??) and just let each ham do what works best for them?

A bumblebee should not be able to fly either, but I am as eager to learn
new info as the bumblebee is eager to get the honey.  The theoretical
debate gives way to practical dabate and experimentation. This thread is
GREAT!

> Surely there is something more interesting than this continuing
> discussion?

Please throw a suggestion out, I might learn something else to enhance
this topband addiction, but please don't convince the antenna gurus to
stop the discussion.

73 es 160dx, k0lw